Tanzania is a country of 46 million people located in East Africa. Important facts:
- In 2004, less than 15,000 young people graduated from high school in the entire country.
- Hundreds of thousands of people in villages across Tanzania have little access to adequate medical care. Over twelve percent of all children die before the age of five.
- Per capita income in Tanzania is less than a dollar a day making it impossible for most families to meet even the most basic of human needs.
- The rural poor have little hope of ever escaping from poverty.
- AIDS is creating a tragedy of momentuous proportions all across Tanzania.
- There are today more than 1,100,000 orphans, the vast majority of whom have no hope of ever going to school.
This is why the new JustUsFriends Medical Clinic currently being constructed on the GoodHope Orphanage and School property is so needed. The final touches are currently underway to complete the clinic. Grand Opening of the clinic is slated for October 11, 2011. We invite all our friends to come and join us!
We are so grateful for your donations! To date we have received enough donations to complete the construction of the clinic, furnish it, and stock it with medical supplies. We have utilized only local construction workers which has helped these families have a viable income to help support their own families.
There is so much more needed! However, JustUsFriends is all about teaching self`sustainability. The folks at GoodHope and JustUsFriends are working together to educate, teach, and heal. Mind, Body, Spirit! You must heal all three to be successful. All our Friends at JustUsFriends can give yourself a pat on the back for helping change the lives of so many people. With just our individual small donations, together, JustUsFriends is Helping Those Who Need It!